9.06.2009

Book Suggestions

Book orders are due Thursday September 10. To order, go to www.scholastic.com/parentordering our username is writestartpreschool our password is mrsbarnett

There are many many good books to choose from! Below are some of my favorites in these flyers:

In Honeybee I like:
#16 The Crayon Box that Talked (it's only $1)
#41 If You Give a...Pack. All the Laura Numeroff books in this series are so fun! This set is great because it has Moose a Muffin, Pig a Pancake and Mouse to School! Very fun reads!
#22 Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. This is a favorite for my students! They love telling the pigeon "NO!"
#32 The Hiccupotamus. A bad case of the hiccups and goofy words make this book a must-have-umous!

In Firefly I like:
#43 Llama Llama Red Pajama. It's only $1 and it's a cute read!
#51 Pinkalicious and Puplicious Pair is a must have for little girls.
#27 Halloween Fun Pack. It contains 3 books. Room on a Broom, which is my absolute favorite Halloween book! Spooky Hour is fun too. But, I'll admit I've never read The Best Halloween Hunt Ever

In SeeSaw I like:
#49 If I Built a Car (I haven't actually read this one, but a teacher/friend of mine says her preschooler and first grader love it. It's their favorite book right now!)
#29 David Duo both are must haves for EVERY child's library
#22 Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Pack - the book is OK by itself, but with the DVD, it is awesome! I haven't had a class yet, who didn't like to watch it, and the kids absolutely LOVE the song!
For the budding scientist, I really like #79 Science Vocabulary Readers Mega Library. I love them because they keep the children's attention, they have real photos, and they have very interesting facts. You might even learn something when you read them!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I just bought many of these (and already have several too) from the book orders this month! :) Great suggestions!